Wednesday, January 25, 2012

#TwitterRoadRace 5k

I participated in the inaugural Twitter Road Race last Saturday.
The Inaugural Twitter Road Race
Date: January 21st, 2012
Location: Everywhere!
Distance: 5K
See I run because.... blog for all the details and race results. 

I originally planned run at 7am, but with the snow the night before and the freezing temperature I moved the start to 11am. Still cold, but sun was out and the snowplows had time to do their job.
I chose @hellomisspotter's race bib design and printed out the race bib. I got to pick my own number, so I took infinity. Not to be mistaken for my finishing time, I wasn't quite that slow.
My race route was an out and back course, start and finish at my mailbox. Here is a picture of mid-course. Even though it was only ten degrees, the sun had melted the snow off the road. I started out at a good pace and felt good until the beginning of the last mile. Sucking in that 10F temp air made my lungs resist deep breaths. I had to slow up a little to recover, but finished strong once I got back in my neighborhood.
Here are my results: Finishing time 00:24:34, 79/376 Overall, 67/174 Male, 13/44 M40-49. At the end I made some snow angels. I guess they count as a combination post run stretch and ice bath. I am glad I participated in this virtual event. I had a lot of fun with it.
Thanks Doug, @seedouglasrun , for creating and hosting this event.











No comments:

Post a Comment