Thursday, February 5, 2009

It has been cold this week

This week used the NordicTrack in the basement on Monday and Wednesday. Settled on Tuesday as my "sort of long run" day. Set out a 5:30pm from work and did the Burlington loop running for 42 minutes. It was about 13F and with wind had a feels like -2F. Had my face covered with a scarf and once I warmed up it was a nice run. Brought back fond memories of the Tuesday night fun runs I used to join in on with the Lakes Area Running Club. The only difference, I skipped the burger at Fred's after my run. Members of the club used to meet at different restaurants in the area every Tuesday at 6pm, run and then have dinner at the restaurant after. The fun run disbanded when Tom & Joey Falch moved to Hayward in November 2007. The Lakes Area Running club website is www.lakesarearunningclub.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment