Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Sorta long run"

Yesterday was my mid-week "sorta long run". Did the Burlington loop in reverse; about 6 miles. For some reason it seems to be all up hill that way. Kind of funny since it is a loop route, so it has to be the same elevation change either way. Came by a lady walking her dog at one intersection and then I ran around the next block and met her again one block up. She told me I was a fast runner. Inspired me to keep the pace all the way through the rest of my run. I also ran up all the hills and took no walking breaks. Can feel that my endurance building.
Last Saturday with all the snow, I was only able to put in an 8 1/2 mile run, so this week I will probably look to get in the 13 miler I had scheduled for that day. Saturday there was about 6 inches of snow and it was snowing my whole run. When I ran into the wind it was like a blizzard. I ran in Burlington and had to switch back and forth between street and sidewalk depending on which was plowed. In some cases it was neither and I had to trudge through the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment